Thank you for helping Struggle reach its goal on Kickstarter, while this is an achievement it does come with an asterisk as my partner Melissa was the largest donor at $5000 (from our household). She made this donation because we were very concerned with a stagnant campaign heading into the final week, and needed a push to reach our goal of $7500. That goal was eclipsed following a wonderful, in-depth, hour long interview on KGO with host Pat Thurston and myself. While we are pleased that we will receive some funding for the film, we do encourage folks to continue to donate to support the documentary effort on Kickstarter.
Like many of you I am very concerned about this 2012 election. Most experts consider Ohio and Florida to again be the deciding swing states. Not surprisingly, as in 2004, both of these states are now under the control of Republican Secretary of States and Governors who again are abusing their offices to suppress voters and potentially rig another Presidential Election in favor of the Republican Presidential Candidate; George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 and Mitt Romney in 2012. Below are just 5 frightening directives and associations that point to voter suppression and election rigging in favor of Romney 2012.
If Ohio goes to the Republican Presidential Candidate again in 2012 I have no doubt in my mind that it will be through the nefarious means of: Voter Suppression, Ballot- Tampering, Stuffing, and Electronic Manipulation of the vote totals, as was done in Ohio in 2004, and is extensively documented in our film Struggle.
Big Announcement: If Ohio goes Romney in 2012 I will produce an addendum to Struggle, fly back to Ohio and begin compiling my evidence one week following the election. This will require funds to pay for: Airfare, Travel, Equipment, Assistants, and Materials. I have already begun coordinating with the Columbus Free Press, and other contributors who will be filming at the polls on Election Day. If Ohio goes Obama I will put funds towards increasing the production value of the film, and paying for outreach, to create an easily accessible high quality document of a stolen Presidential Election suitable for Libraries and future broadcast and theatrical play.
Please continue to spread the word asking folks to please donate to this very worthy effort and Documentary, Struggle on Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mentalrev/struggle-0
Download the Film
As a thank you for your support I’m including a private link where you can download the film:
https://vimeo.com/50666663 Password: review
5 Ways the 2012 Presidential Election is being suppressed and potentially rigged.
- Experimental, suspect Software Patches secretly installed by the Republican Ohio Secretary of State on the vote tabulators (the machines that count the votes) at the last minute. Salon
- Provisional ballot requirements altered at the last minute by Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted to shift the onus of filling out the form perfectly from the poll worker to the voter. This could needlessly invalidate thousands of votes. Provisional ballots are far more often used in low income and minority districts that have a more transient population, not in stable affluent neighborhoods. Think Progress
- Voter Suppression Software. Software at the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) fails at the basic function of updating Voter Registration information. This was discovered when inner-city people turned up to vote and were told they weren’t registered, even though they went through the process of changing their records, but the faulty software could not perform its basic function and potentially thousands have been purged from the voter rolls as a result. The Free Press
- Suspect Voting Machines in Cincinnati, which reportedly routinely fail and are “easily susceptible to chicanery that could alter the results of an election,” produced by company with strong ties to Mitt Romney. Forbes
- Early Voting Suppression in Ohio and Florida. In Florida up to 9 hour lines to vote early are being described as a scene from the Third World, Ohio also has long lines and Early Voting has continuously been under attack by the Office of Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted. The Nation.
Thank you for your support to the film Struggle, let’s be prepared for the 2012 sequel if it comes to it. Speak truth to power,
Roger Hill, Director of Struggle